My Photo
Name:
Location: Odense, Denmark

Published author, Ph.D. I write mostly fiction and books on music, movies, art and literature.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The remaster interview

Tuesday the 29th of August 2006 I went over to Don’s in Silkeborg to do an interview with him regarding the re-issuing of Slade’s back catalogue. It had been very cold and rainy, when I left home, but in Silkeborg the sun was shining and everything was perfect for doing pics later on.
As usual Don picked me up at the station, and we drove to the new, beautiful house where he now lives with his lady Hanne and her 3 kids. At first we had ”office-hours” where we went through the e-mails that fans have sent me for Don, and then we were ready for lunch. Superb as ever, Hanne! Hanne then gracefully retired and Don and I did a 90 minutes interview followed by a hilarious photo shoot. As Hanne said, “You’re not supposed to land on your head when you come off the trampoline, Don!”
As usual I hung around after ”work” and we all had a nice time and ended up watching ”Slade on holiday”, the Reeves & Mortimer-spoof!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the band in their hayday for me was the best live show .i was at their squeeze me pleeze me concert at earlscourt in london july21 1973 brilliant show

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best glam band in the world i know iwas there.
derek

7:05 PM  
Blogger Lise Lyng Falkenberg said...

I totally agree, Derek, and then they were so much more than glam, too.

4:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

/body>